Quote – Being a sadhu means…
Being a sadhu really means being a person whose mind is resolved about his life.
Quote – Growth is to become a full-time devotee
Growth is progress from being a part-time devotee of Isvara to being a full-time devotee.
Quote – To grow spiritually
To grow spiritually is to recognize and appreciate Isvara as the creation and the laws that govern it.
Quote – The basis for prayer
The basis for any form of prayer is the acknowledgement of our helplessness and then seeking help.
Quote – Wise man is happy by himself
A wise man is the one who is happy by himself and because of himself.
Quote – Goal of Life
The goal of life is to know that the goal has already been accomplished.
Quote – Nothing more Sacred than Knowledge
In this world, there is nothing more sacred, more purifying than knowledge.
Quote – You are the whole
That you are the whole is the view of the Vedas.
Quote – The Self is full and complete
The Self, being full and complete, is not isolated from anything. This teaching is Vedanta.
Quote – Vedanta is a means of knowledge
Vedanta is neither a theory nor a practice. It is a means of knowledge to know the truth about you.
Quote – Everything is given
No one has authored anything in the creation, for everything is given.
Quote – About original sin
‘I am the role’ is the original sin, ...if there is something like an original sin.
Quote – Wisdom is fresh
Wisdom is fresh, coming as it does from a teacher to a student like even the Ganges.
That you are the whole is the view of the Vedas.
Why to Study Vedanta?
Listen to Pujya Swamiji talking about how the study of Vedanta helps a person in his/her life
For the kind attention of the Guests
Swami Dayananda Ashram welcomes you to a comfortable and peaceful stay in the ashram. This ashram is meant only for those who are connected and committed to Arsha Vidya teachings. This is more a gurukulam for the study of Vedanta. Only students and devotees of Vedanta can stay here. Those who wish to stay here are requested to submit a reference of any Arsha Vidya teachers taught by Pujya Sri Swami Dayananda Sarasvati whom you may know for processing your stay request. Kindly note that to register yourself you are required to submit a copy as applicable of your Pancard/Aadhar/Passport/Visa on your arrival.
We request you to kindly pay attention to the following rules during your stay and strictly follow them:
- The daily routine of the ashram is displayed on the notice board. Please follow the timings of temple prayers, dining and closure of ashram gates etc.
- Please attend as many programs as possible in the ashram during your stay.
- KIndly save electricity and switch off the lights, fans, geyser, etc. when you are not in your allotted room.
- Please take food in the Annakshetra only and do not bring the food to the rooms.
- Cooking in the room is strictly prohibited. Onion and garlic use is also strictly not permitted in the ashram.
- Please note that meals are eaten only after reciting a prayer of Gita Chapter 15 is over.
- Smoking, liquor consumption is strictly prohibited. Violation will entail immediate vacating of the room.
- Guests are requested to maintain decent attire while staying in the ashram and avoid using shorts etc that expose the body. The permitted dress code is pajama/kurta, full pants/shirt or dhoti/angavastram or shirt for males and sari/blouse or salwar/kameez for females.
- As silence is generally observed Guests may kindly refrain from making noises, playing music or singing and dancing in the rooms or elsewhere in the premises causing disturbance to others staying in the ashram. Kindly maintain silence during your stay in the ashram, particularly in the temple, Samadhi Mandir and Annakshetra.
- Please do not bathe in the Ganga away from the bank. Water is deep in some areas near the bank. Please do not take valuables when you go to take a bath as there are risks of losing it. Preferably be accompanied by someone you know.
- Please do not hire directly any staff for services in your room or for yourself or pay any tips without the consent of the administration. So too to the students or teachers of the Sama Veda Patha Sala run by the ashram.
- As the Ashram is run on voluntary donations Guests are requested to make donations to the ashram before their departure. Donations are only accepted by NEFT/RTGS/ IMPS, Cheques/DD or Debit/Credit Cards. IT exemption under Sec 80 (G) is available for donations made to the ashram. Cash donations requiring IT Exemption under Section (80G) can be made only up to Rs.2000. Cash donations up to Rs.10000 can be made against receipt but IT exemption is not available. Always insist on a printed receipt for all donations. Pan Number has to be given for all donations. Donors are discouraged to make cash donations. For different schemes of donations please contact the office or visit our website www.dayananda.org. Office timings are 8.00 to 12.30 noon and 3.00 to 7.00 p.m.
- Please make sure that you handover the room keys to the security if you are leaving at odd hours. Otherwise kindly hand over the keys directly to the office at the time of departure.
- Please attend the Aratis that take place in the temple and samadhi mandir in the morning and evening. The timings may be known from the ashram notice board outside the Office.
People who do not follow the rules may be debarred from current/future stay in the ashram so please follow these rules.